Monday, November 5, 2012

Election tomorrow

There isn't a whole lot to say here.  You have the right to vote.  You should go and vote.  At this point, I don't care who you are voting for, and I'm not going to get into the politics here, because it's not my forte.  I just know that as an American, I was given the right to vote, and I have exercised that right.

I voted by absentee ballot.  If you haven't done that, it's wonderful.  The ballot is sent to your home, so you can actually take your time and thoughtfully fill it out.  You can read about the amendments, about who is running for mayor in your town.  You can take time to decide if you should really vote to allow them to put slot machines in your local dog racing park etc.  I am completely for absentee voting.  Take advantage of it if you can!

My boss asked me who I voted for.  Can you believe that?  He actually wanted to know, and then since it was different than who he voted for, he basically wanted to know why I voted that way and back up my choice.  It was surreal.  THEN he asked me who the girl I work with voted for too.  I have very strong opinions, and I'm not always that great at putting them into words, but I was very proud of myself for defending my vote today.  (Not that I should have had to, but that's another show.)

I'm very proud to live in America.  I am blessed with many things, and the right to vote is something I never take for granted.

Get out there and vote!

Char

No comments: