Saturday, April 16, 2005

What a beautiful day! - From my LJ Blog

Apr. 16th, 2005 @ 05:03 pm What a beautiful day!


Current Mood: content



It is such a nice day today, I want to just lie on my bed with the windows wide open, 72° breeze passing through the house and read today.



Unfortunately… life is in the way….



I just finished balancing my checkbook… on Quicken.



This is like the 5th time I’ve tried to use quicken… lets see if this lasts longer than 6 months! I don’t know what my problem is… it’s like starting a journal! ROFL!



I actually went back and added in all transactions since the beginning of the year (with the help of the automatic download from bank feature) and I think I have everything set up. It gives me a nifty snapshot of my net worth and I can see exactly what bills are due and what has been paid. I really like it – as long as I can keep up with it.



The other thing it does is a budget… now I haven’t been very good at sticking to a budget lately… but I’m hoping this will help me see the error of my ways… it’s kind of hard to not feel guilty about spending money on stuff you don’t really need when your DEBTS are staring at you in red…. With a big minus sign next to them… oy!



I went to JoAnns fabrics yesterday and got the little do-hickey I needed to fix the sewing machine I’m “storing” for grammie. It works like a charm now, and I fixed a pair of pants! I really need to change to black thread, but I’m scared to death of trying to thread the machine. I really need to make a sketch of how it should be done, before I goof it up. I know like 3 people who have perfectly good sewing machines but don’t use them because they don’t know how to thread them! That isn’t going to be me!!!!



On Tuesday while Grammie and I were waiting for mom to get out of surgery, I had her re-teach me how to crochet!!! I have a set of about 9 hooks in a little plastic box, and I brought those and some yarn, and we just went to town. I made a cute little something or other, that is skinny on one side and wider on the other… I was crocheting too tightly in the beginning… I taught her how to knit too. We had a good little bonding session!



Grammie takes dish towels and cuts them in half and crochets a little top on them with a button so you can hang them from your oven door in the kitchen. I’m going to have her teach me how to do those next.



I gotta think of something to sew. I guess if I’m going to start sewing, I’m gonna have to break down and buy an iron… ROFL!



Well out side with me. I’m going to either trim the hedges and pull weeds in the front, or I’m going to try and do something with the garage. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

~lifedramatic~ said...

grimzeak
2005-04-18 06:55 am UTC (from 68.63.23.168) (link) SelectI know the feeling I spent most of yesterday afternoon, pulling weeds and trimming the bushes around my house
(Reply to this) (Thread)



mistermoocow
2005-04-19 04:38 pm UTC (from 24.165.242.141) (link) SelectHeehee well I never did get outside. I took one look at the hedges and went inside to make a pina colada... ROFL!