Friday, January 9, 2009

Of a night out - from my spaces.live blog

Of a night out


Friday, January 09, 2009, 8:15:54 AM


Last night was a pretty spectacular night. Nothing extra fancy, or anything, it’s just that we had a nice night out. We went to Meg O’Malley’s, one of our favorite watering holes, to have a leisurely dinner and John had a few Stella’s. They have Stella Artois on draft here, and it is his very favorite beer. They also serve it in cold glasses, which doesn’t hurt at all. Our favorite Sissy*, Jen took care of us, and we ate at the bar.

I ordered the Parliament bean soup – which is only .18. It was delicious! I also ordered the clam strip appetizer, John ordered some wings and a crab and shrimp cake appetizer. I had coffee and water, and John had Stella.

Now we don’t go here for the food. Sure the food is tasty, and some of the menu items are Irish themed. (Except last night I noticed they had Cod Cobbler on the menu, and that totally grossed me out). No, we come here for the ambiance, and the camraderie, and from here on out, Mondays are going to be Meg nights. It wasn’t so packed you couldn’t hear yourself think, there was no live music. It was brilliant! The best part is that we actually talk to each other. We laugh and giggle and carry on, and Jen comes and checks on us and laughs with us. Last night I was watching a little floozy on the other side of the bar get schnockered on some kind of fruity drink, and I had a hankering for fruit punch, so Jen whipped some up for me. It was delicious!

We had a great night, and I look forward to going back again.

Comments (0)

No comments: