Monday, September 21, 2009

Tears of joy tonight

I spent an amazing weekend with my husband at a spectacular wedding, in a beautiful hotel. We danced, he serenaded me, we had a sublime room, and may or may not have uh oh - how did that fluffy pillow end up in our suitcase?? ;-)

I started a new job today, that I think I love. I think I love my job. I don't think I've ever said that before.

A sweet friend of mine brought tears to my eyes tonight with her apple picking adventures. Click the title of this post to visit her blog and see lots of love and happiness, and some pretty damn good food!

My comment on her Apple Picking '09 blog: "I have never been to an apple orchard. I cannot imagine the heaven that must be. One of these days I'm going to follow in my Grampy's footsteps and pick Cortland apples in Maine in September. Sniff, sniff. I love your stories and photo journalism Lisa. You are truly a blessing."

I have a full life, a one in a million husband, a family that is wonderful and loves me, and loves each other. I am truly blessed.

Char

2 comments:

The Cutting Edge of Ordinary said...

Awww Char, you totally made my day. I just saw your comments a few minutes ago and you had me tearing up. I just lost a good friend at work. He died this morning and I cried the whole way home. While I was waiting for supper to come out of the oven I decided to check the blog and saw your comments. I can't tell you what they meant to me and at a time when I truly needed them the most. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I wish I could give you a big hug girl. I know if you lived around the corner, we'd be best buds. I cherish your friendship.

genderist said...

I've picked apples in an orchard several times at home. If you're picking enough for one pie, it's fun. If you have to pick them clean, it's not so fun... :)

Glad you had such a great time!