Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Lent - from spaces.live

February 09


Lent

I'm not Catholic, so I'm not going to be giving up anything for Lent.

My close friend is Catholic and "will be until the day he dies", but he says he's not a "practicing" Catholic, so he's not giving up anything for Lent either.

One of my bosses is on a cruise, so I don't know what she gave up for Lent, but i'm sure she found someone on that boat to give her an ash mark last Wednesday, and I'm equally sure she gave up something for Lent.

The other boss gave up sweets for Lent.

I felt the need to protest. He really likes sweets, and can be unruly without them. I told him he should've given up girly martinis instead... At least that wouldn't affect us at work

Then I ate a big ole piece of my birthday cake in front of him

Char

11:40 AM
Permalink
Religion

No comments: