Monday, December 27, 2010

Merry Christmas and Happy New Decade

Christmas is over and for the most part it was drama free.  Thank you God!

I received some nice things and exactly what I wanted, plus was surprised too which is always a good thing.  More importantly to me, I was able to give some things.  They were homemade, but most everyone seemed to appreciate the time and effort that went into making them.  It would be so much easier for us to write a check or go to the store and pick up a gift, but money was tight this year so we baked.  This is what we made and distributed to friends and family:

Christmas Mice
Cream cheese filled Oatmeal Raisin Whoopie pies
Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies
Sugar cookies with sprinkles and dots
Pecan rolo pretzels
Pretzel rolo pretzels
Mojo de Ajo
Cranberry almond white chocolate bark

We had planned to make more or bake cakes etc... but that just didn't happen.  I think Christmas was a success this year because:

I put a tree up (Next year I would like for us to put it up together and maybe get a real one)
I was able to find and give enough things to make me feel good
I received surprises. (I guess I love surprises!)
I sent out Christmas cards (Even if they weren't embellished)
There was no family drama.  Everyone was perfect!!
I got to spend Christmas morning watching Zoe & Zane opening gifts again
We had a fantastic meal with both families
I made a VERY yummy rub/paste for the rib roast


These things about Christmas did not make me very happy, and I'd like to improve them next year:

I left the ribs to the rib roast on the counter, so I had to throw them away instead of making yummy soup! :(
I remembered at the last minute that John had to work until late on Christmas Eve and it upset me a lot
I mostly got all the gifts together myself
I filled John's stocking at the last minute
I finished wrapping presents at the last minute


All in all I can't complain.  I'm a very happy camper!

How was your Christmas?? 

How are you going to ring in the new decade?

Char

One of my surprises:

No comments: