Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Daisy's Honey Tea

It is another day for the magical elixir... After a not so pleasant stomach bug today I am turning to Daisy's tea again for some relief.


























I'm not usually a fan of honey in my tea, but this tea needs, it, and it is SO SO good and soothing!


Daisy’s Honey Tea
Magical Elixir


In a small saucepan, pour 2 coffee cups water, add
1 cinnamon stick broken in half
1/2 tsp anise seed (I had some star anise so I used that to make the picture pretty)
1/2 tsp dried rosemary (I have a giant bush of fresh, so I used a mix of both)
1/2" piece fresh ginger, peeled, sliced
1/2 - 2 tsp clover honey
A few drops lemon or lime juice to taste (optional)

Simmer together for a few minutes and strain into warmed coffee mug.
SO yummy and calming!
Char
1-1-11 I added a little dried orange peel this time, just a pinch. I really like it!!

No comments: