Tuesday, November 6, 2012

If I were president...

Since I'm doing NaBloPoMo and having trouble finding stuff to write about, I've decided to use their prompts when I can't think of something on my own, or if I can't find a meme.  Dying to find a good meme, they don't seem as popular as they used to be.

I digress.  Today's question is What would be the first thing you would do if you became president.  I've thought about this for most of the day and one of the most important things to me is that women continue to have freedom of choice.  It's incredibly important to me that Roe vs Wade never gets overturned.  Therefore the first thing I would do is start researching what can be done in order to preserve this hard earned freedom for women.  I can't say that I would ever get an abortion, but I certainly feel like a woman should have a right to choose what happens to her body. 

Of course I would also want to find a solution to the horrific healthcare system we have in this country where the insurance companies have all the power, and if that wasn't bad enough, millions of people don't even have insurance so they can't get care that they need.  My mother is one of those people right now.  It scares me to death that she is insulin dependent diabetic and she has no way to get her medication right now.  

I'd also like to find a way to keep corporations from funding politicians coffers in exchange for favors.

What would you do?

Link to your blog and I'll check it out.

Char 

No comments: