Saturday, November 3, 2012

Saturday - Fun Day

So after sleeping in until almost noon, I finally rolled my butt out of bed and got on with the day.  I had a few errands I had to run today and my mom called me so I asked her if she wanted to join me.  She's always up for some shopping so off we went.  First we went and had lunch at Tijuana Flats.  I had the chicken flautas.  They were ok.  Mom had some kind of rice bowl which was way better than the flautas.  I don't get the love for that place.  That's the second time I've been and I have to say, I'm just not that impressed.

After lunch we went to Target, I needed to buy an air mattress for our camping trip that's coming up at the end of the month.  I ended up with a queen sized coleman - it was a decent price and it should be a little sturdier than the Serta that was ten bucks more.  While at Target, I spied the new PINK CD, which I had to have, and some halloween marshmallows that i'm going to dehydrate for the camping trip for us to have in our hot chocolate.  I have a few friends coming this year on the camping trip and I'm really excited about it.  More on that another day.

After Target, we went to World Market to look around, and I ended up with some orange chocolate truffle cookies in my paws.  We munched on those afterwards and they were delicious!  Onward to Yankee Candle where I procured two giant whoopee pie candles for work.  We bake cookies for our clients, but they don't always smell as cookie-like as we want, so I thought the chocolate candles would enhance the scent of the cookies a bit more.  Don't you wish your financial planner baked fresh cookies when you came in to an appointment?  Uh huh!

Finally we went to BJ's where I got a bunch of stuff for work, water, coffee, TP, paper towels etc.

Mom got a half price costume at Target for Halloween next year.  She tried it on when we got home and it looks super cute!  It's held together in the back by velcro, so she's going to have to be careful! LOL!

Now I'm home and just finished watching Private Practice from last week and I'm wishing there was a Pioneer Woman to watch from this morning.

I'm pooped!  How was your day?

Char

No comments: